What is a WatchDawg?
- Looks out for fellow friends and dawgs
- Recognizes and prevents potentially risky situations
- Finds realistic ways to intervene
How can you become an active WatchDawg?
- Attend the FREE WatchDawg Program
- Learn the skills and receive a WatchDawgs t-shirt
- Bring your friends
You never know when the next person who needs help will be you!
Tips to be a WatchDawg
- Watch out for your friends and fellow Dawgs! If you see someone who looks like they need help, step up and do something!
- Have a safety plan in place and use the buddy system with friends.
- Confront friends who make excuses for inappropriate behavior. Even small things such as comments, jokes, media, or music lyrics promote a culture of violence and disrespect. Sometimes all it takes is a look!
- Know the signs of alcohol poisoning.
Fall Semester 2018—no reservations needed!
Check back for Fall dates
Large Group or Student Organization?
Click here to request a program!
Request a WatchDawgs Program
The Bystander Effect
Would you know what to do? Become a WatchDawg and learn the skills to help!
“I was walking home with friends from downtown and saw someone passed out. I considered helping but realized I had no idea what to do.” - K.T., 1st year
“We were at the house and heard two people yelling next door. We didn’t know if we should go knock on the door or call the cops.” - R.R., 3rd year