Thank you for your interest in this volunteer student group housed within the University Health Center!
For questions about the group, the application process, or the membership requirements, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this group is to provide peer education on sexual health issues while representing the University Health Center. The initial focus will be on sexually transmitted infection (STI) awareness.
- Raise awareness of related University Health Center services
- Educate peers about STI prevention, testing, transmission, and treatment
- Discuss specific sexual behaviors along a spectrum of risks
- Demonstrate the proper use of barrier methods as a means of risk reduction
- Provide free safer sex supplies on campus
- Promote reliable sexual health websites and resources
- Recognize national awareness days/months related to sexual health
- Create print and social media messaging promoting safer sex awareness
- Collaborate with other University Health Center student groups
Students of all majors and backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but a key expectation of membership is a comfort with public speaking. This group is open to both undergraduate and graduate level students. Group members will be trained on sexual health content and trained to facilitate interactive group presentations, so previous knowledge and experience is helpful, but not required.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Successful completion of related coursework
- Comfort with discussing sensitive issues
- Ability to professionally represent the University Health Center
- Understanding of campus climate surrounding controversial issues
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, cultural competency, and/or nurturance of traditionally underrepresented populations
Specific dates of trainings and meetings will not be determined until students are selected and provided with the option of optimal dates/times.
We are especially interested in recruiting UGA students who are open to the fluidity of developing a new student organization. Additionally, there will be various opportunities for leadership roles in the group as it launches and grows.
- Attend 1-hour meetings at University Health Center twice a month (day/time to be determined)
- Staff resource table for a 1-hour shift, at least 1 event per semester
- Co-facilitate at least 1 residence hall workshop per semester
- Assist in the co-facilitation of Sunday trainings for new members
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of new members